Discover Sport at Buxton
Sport at our Buxton Campus
High-profile sport events, such as the Olympics and the World Cup, have highlighted the growing importance of sport in people’s lives. We have worked with employers to develop a range of courses, so you can be sure that we’ll provide you with the knowledge, applied experience and specialist skills you’ll need to have an impact on individuals, local communities or elite athletes.
- Our specialist facilities include a brand new £1.5 million sports centre
- We have developed our courses with industry employers, with real world learning outcomes in mind
- As a Buxton student you will also be able to draw on our wide range of local sports facilities and regional sports clubs including Derby County FC, Buxton RUFC, Buxton and High Peak Golf Club, Buxton FC and Stockport FC
- You’ll receive first-class support and education from highly qualified lecturers who are actively involved in research, high-performance sport, applied sport science consultancy work, and are members of several professional organisations.
|Course||Entry requirements||UCAS code|
|BA (Hons) Sport and Education*||280 UCAS points||C608|
|BSc (Hons) Sport Therapy and Rehabilitation*||300 UCAS points||C630|
|BA (Hons) Sport Coaching and Development*||280 UCAS points||C620|
|FdSc Sport Coaching||160 UCAS points||CX61|
* This course is subject to validation
Where will it take you?
- BA (Hons) Sport and Education: a broad range of career opportunities are available - you will be able to access the numerous routes into the teaching of sport and education, as well as working in sport development and sport coaching environments
- BSc (Hons) Sport Therapy and Rehabilitation will ensure that you’re prepared to operate as a professional, capable of working in a multi/inter-disciplinary healthcare team as an injury and exercise-based rehabilitation and fitness specialist
- BA (Hons) Sport Coaching and Development will prepare you to enter employment in a range of careers including talent identification, development officers, sport coaching in the UK and abroad, and sport management and development roles.