Discover BSc (Hons) Psychology
Why choose Psychology at Derby?
Study the science of human thought and behaviour with lecturers at the forefront of research. Human behaviour is a fascinating and complex area of study – at Derby, you’ll be guided by our teaching team’s research which covers areas as diverse as the nature and causes of mental illness, through to investigating decision-making. A degree in psychology is your route to a range of careers, and our excellent facilities will make sure you have the opportunity to see psychology in action in real world situations.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology and Psychology Joint Honours (if you choose to major in Psychology) are accredited by the British Psychological Society
- 93% of students said that they were satisfied with the overall quality of this course, according to the 2015 National Student Survey (NSS)
- Our specialist facilities include a clinical skills suite with a psychological observation suite, eye tracker device and EEG equipment to record brain waves
- We teach a research-led degree, which means you'll be taught by staff who are doing research in that area of psychology
- You’ll explore modern applications into the social, developmental, cognitive and biological dimensions of behaviour.
You can also study Psychology as a joint honours degree, find out what you can combine this subject with.
|Course||Entry requirements||UCAS code|
|BSc (Hons) Psychology||300 UCAS points||C800|
|Psychology (Joint Honours)||220-300 UCAS points||Y002|
Where will it take you?
97.1% of BSc (Hons) Psychology graduates were in work or further study within six months of completing the course.
A degree in psychology is a great start for a wide range of careers. Our graduates have gone on to secure roles such as:
- Occupational Therapist Assistant at Cygnet Healthcare
- Health Service Supervisor at Anglesey and Gwynedd
- Support Worker at Mencap
- Mental Health Support Worker at Mind
- Phone Counsellor at Childline
- Team Leader at Care Through the Millennium
- Assistant Therapeutic Care Worker at Childhood First.