Discover BSc (Hons) Human Biology
Why choose this course?
Human biology is crucial to the continual development of the fields of medicine, sports science, nutrition, and mental health. You’ll be taught by human health specialists and public/environmental health scientists, who have UK and global health experience; equipping you with the broad knowledge base that employers are looking for.
- There will be opportunities, on a competitive basis, for you to apply to help with our human health team's research
- Tailor your course to your own interests in human biology by choosing from a wide range of specialised modules in bioscience, psychology, and sport science
- Learn and work alongside an academic team who are recognised nationally and internationally for their high quality research and teaching
- Acquire up-to-date bioscience skills that are important for jobs in areas such as medical research, the NHS, health charities, and biomedical-focused industry
- Between stages two and three, you can apply to work in industry or undertake an internship. Past students have worked at the Leukemia Research Foundation in London, Royal Derby Hospital, and in local pharmacies.
|Course||Entry requirements||UCAS code|
|BSc (Hons) Human Biology||280 UCAS points||C101|
Where will it take you?
As a human biology graduate, you'll acquire skills that are at the forefront of advances in medical health. Our course equips you to work in medical research, health charities, medical and biotechnology focused industry, and the health sector. It will also prepare you for scientific analytical roles and postgraduate degrees in medicine and dentistry. The varied transferable skills you will gain will make you attractive to many graduate employers.