Discover Forensic Science at Derby
Why choose this course?
Forensic science plays a crucial role in criminal justice such as identifying evidence to establish if, how and when a crime has been committed. To do this, forensic scientists collect, analyse, and preserve the physical and chemical traces of a crime. It’s a fascinating and intricate process, perfect for you if you love science and applying it to real-life situations. We’ll guide you through it, from crime scene analysis and recovery, to laboratory analysis and presentation of evidence in the courtroom.
- Our BSc (Hons) Forensic Science and BSc (Hons) Forensic Science with Criminology are accredited by the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences and endorsed by Skillsmark, so teaching quality is guaranteed
- You’ll get hands-on experience in our brand new crime scene house located on a residential street. It has been specially designed to provide seven replica domestic and commercial crime scenes
- You’ll use our fantastic forensic laboratories including specific osteology, entomology and forensic imaging facilities
- Work alongside professionals, such as forensic scientists, lawyers, judges, police officers, and fingerprint experts
- You'll be taught by the experts - current and former forensic scientists with a wealth of real world experience.
|Course||Entry requirements||UCAS code|
|BSc (Hons) Forensic Science||260 UCAS points||F411|
|BSc (Hons) Forensic Science with Psychology||260 UCAS points||2T4N|
|BSc (Hons) Forensic Science with Criminology||260 UCAS points||F410|
Where will it take you?
100% of Forensic Science with Criminology graduates were in work or further study within six months of completing this course.
A degree in Forensic Science is a great start for a wide range of careers. Our graduates have gone on to secure roles such as:
- Forensic Technician at ESG Environmental Scientifics Group
- Toxicology Analyst at Orchid Cellmark
- CSI at Nottinghamshire Police Force
- Police Officer at Leicestershire Police
- Microbiologist at International Laboratory Services Ltd
- Research Scientist at Photo Centric Limited
- Investigative Researcher at Independent Police Complaints Commission.
BSc (Hons) Forensic Science graduate, Natalie Harrison, was offered the role of Toxicology Analyst at Orchid Skillsmark within a week of finishing her last exam. Read more about Natalie’s success and what her job involves.