Discover BSc (Hons) Biology
Why choose this course?
Our ecosystem is an intelligent force that has sustained its own existence since the beginning of time. However, despite global efforts to promote coexistence, its natural balance has been disturbed by human progress. Using our great partnerships with employers, excellent facilities, and research opportunities, you will be equipped to help shape a sustainable world.
- BSc (Hons) Biology is accredited by the Royal Society of Biology, meaning that when you graduate you'll meet the requirements for Associate Membership and can apply for full membership following appropriate professional experience
- Work placement and internship opportunities at Derby Museums, Derbyshire Wildlife Trust, Sea Life, the Olive Ridley Project and Eurofins
- If you take our optional 'Tropical Conservation Biology' module, you will have the opportunity to visit the Maldives
- You can take advantage of our high-specification laboratories, glasshouse, insectory, and student research laboratory
- Participate in fieldwork in the UK and abroad so you can put the theory you learn into practice.
You can also study Biology as a joint honours degree, find out what you can combine this subject with
|Course||Entry requirements||UCAS code|
|BSc (Hons) Biology||280 UCAS points||C100|
|Biology (Joint Honours)||220-300 UCAS points||Y002|
Where will it take you?
A degree in biology is a great start for a wide range of careers. Our graduates have gone on to secure roles such as:
- Research Scientist at Crown Bio Science UK
- Lecturer at Hillsborough College
- Senior Healthcare Scientist at Royal Derby Hospital
- Research Assistant at Covance
- Laboratory Technician at Frontier Agriculture