MRes Forensic Science
MRes Forensic Science at Derby
Recent developments within the forensic science sector have led to the Forensic Science Regulator and Forensic Science Society requiring an increase in forensic science research. This increased drive for more research and development within forensic sciences has led to the meticulous design of our MRes Forensic Science course.
- Our state-of-the-art facilities will support your research throughout your studies
- You'll conduct a research project in your area of choice so you can further explore your individual interests
- You’ll plan, execute and critically analyse your research to become a confident, independent research scientist
- You can study either full-time or part-time, and you'll have the opportunity to undertake parts of the degree online
- Our course will provide you with an excellent basis to study a PhD, or give you the skills required for a research position
- Our expert teaching team includes active researchers who have a wealth of experience and knowledge - their specialist areas include forensic handwriting and document analysis, forensic entomology, forensic microbiology, DNA analysis, wildlife forensics, forensic drug analysis, and fingerprint analysis.
Funding - apply for up to £10,000
Did you know that you’ll be able to apply for a student loan of up to £10,000 a year for taught and research masters courses in all postgraduate subject areas? If you’re under 60, starting a course from August 2016 onwards, and are applying to study full-time, part-time or via distance learning at a UK university, you are eligible to apply. Find out more