MRes Biological Science
MRes Biological Science at Derby
Our MRes in Biological Sciences course has been designed to equip you with the key skills needed for a research career, and allow you to put these into practice when you develop and conduct your own research project.
- Develop, design, and carry out a research project that reflects your chosen field of interest
- You can study full-time or part-time, and you'll also have the opportunity to undertake parts of the degree online
- Should you wish to continue your learning experience beyond masters level, our course will prepare you for further study towards a PhD
- We have a memorandum of understanding with a marine field station in the Maldives, allowing students to conduct reef-based projects
- Our expert teaching team cover a diverse range of subjects from the cellular and molecular level through to large scale biodiversity patterns
- We have specialised laboratory facilities available for your research projects, including a molecular laboratory housing qPCR and DGGE equipment, an insectary with adjoining entomology laboratory, an imaging suite, and a dedicated microbiology laboratory.
Funding - apply for up to £10,000
Did you know that you’ll be able to apply for a student loan of up to £10,000 a year for taught and research masters courses in all postgraduate subject areas? If you’re under 60, starting a course from August 2016 onwards, and are applying to study full-time, part-time or via distance learning at a UK university, you are eligible to apply. Find out more