MRes (Forensic Science)
Your journey to become a confident and independent research scientist starts here...
About our MRes Forensic Science course
Recent developments within the forensic science sector have led the Forensic Science Regulator and Forensic Science Society requiring an increase in forensic science research and development. This increased drive for more research within forensic sciences has led to the meticulous design of this masters level course.
- The MRes in Forensic Science has been designed to provide you with an excellent opportunity to plan, execute and critically analyse your research to become a confident and independent research scientist.
- You will have the opportunity to work alongside external organisations including Derbyshire Constabulary and Scientifics Environmental Ltd.
- Utilise our new, state-of-the-art Forensic Training Facility which offers a stimulating learning environment where you can explore the dynamic world of Forensic Science
- You will have the flexibility to choose a reseach subject area that reflects your chosen field of interest.
- It's flexible in its approach to suit you. You can study either full time or part time, combined with the opportunity to undertake parts of the degree online.
Why choose to study at Derby?
Throughout the course you will be supported by our excellent team who are internationally recognised researchers with outstanding learning and teaching credentials. Specialist research areas include forensic handwriting and document analysis, forensic entomology, drug stability, wildlife forensics, forensic drug analysis and finger print analysis.
After completing this course, you will be in a greater position to:
- Prepare for further study such as undertaking a PhD.
- Secure a career within forensic sciences - opportunities include a research associate or forensic consultant, an analytical consultant, a scientific writer, a support laboratory manager, senior scientific advisor or a serious crime advisor.
Join us at an Open Day
Book your place at our next Open Day - this will give you the opportunity to attend subject talks, tour the University and speak to both the teaching team and current students of our MRes in Forensic Science course.