FdSc Sport Coaching
Learn from experienced tutors who work with amateur and elite athletes in a range of sports, including athletics, cycling, golf and the martial arts
Why choose to study Sport at Derby?
Employable Graduates – 100% of students were in work or further study within six months of completing this course.
- Enhance your employability by working towards National Governing Body qualifications in a range of sports
- Engage with academic staff who have lots of experience in the industry, so you can be sure you'll develop the knowledge and practical skills you'll need to work in sports coaching
- Move on to the final year of an undergraduate degree course in a related area.
A course that's centred on your development
- FdSc Sport Coaching will enable you to develop a knowledge and understanding of sport coaching in a specified context. The course will also allow you to analyse data and apply the findings to the improvement of athletic performance in a range of sports, such as cycling, football and track and field events.
- You'll have the chance to do work placements as part of your course, this is a great way to develop your skills and gain the experience employers are looking for. On this course you'll have a double placement module, where you can apply your practical learning to your studies. You'll get to choose the type of business you do your placement in, to make sure you get the experience you need for your career.
- Our theory into practice philosophy will enhance your coaching knowledge and develop your vocational skills. You will be engaged in the process of encouraging athlete potential and preparing athletes for competition.
Places still available for September 2015
Call our Clearing Hotline on 01332 592015 for further information.