BSc (Hons) Biology
Biology is a rapidly evolving industry; we'll equip you with the professional skills that employers are looking for
Why choose to study at Derby?
Employable Graduates - We're ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities, and 12th for English institutions, with 96.9% of our graduates in work or further study within six months of completing a full-time degree.
- We've recently upgraded our facilities to make sure you have a fantastic learning experience. Our laboratories have all been modernised and we now have a new student research laboratory
- You can tailor the course to your own interests to specialise in areas of your choice
- You'll be taught by a teaching team who are recognised nationally and internationally for their high quality research and teaching. This means that you'll be taught the latest developments in biology.
Find out more about our BSc (Hons) Biology course
Biology is constantly evolving. Our BSc (Hons) Biology teaches you about the traditional biological topics, such as human biology, genetics, the evolution of life and ecology, and we'll also teach you about current issues including the human genome and how it is making an impact in drug development and cancer therapies.
- This course is recognised by the Society of Biology. This means that on graduation you'll meet the requirements for Associate Membership of the Society of Biology (AMSB) and can apply for full membership following appropriate professional experience
- In the 2014 National Student Survey, 94% of full time students said that staff are good at explaining things and 98% said that staff are enthusiastic about what they are teaching
- You'll get the chance to participate in lots of practical work in our laboratories, and also enjoy fieldtrips in the UK and abroad. This will help you to put the theory you learn into practice.
Places still available for September 2015
Call our Clearing Hotline on 01332 592015 for further information.