Strategy and reviews
These publications give complementary perspectives on the quality and varied range of research taking place at the University. You can learn about our Research Centres and Groups and the academic expertise they showcase, and learn about our postgraduate research students from the UK and abroad.
Browse some of our recent research projects here or download the following pdfs.
- Research review 2008 (PDF, 3.9MB)
- Research review 2009 (PDF, 2.2MB)
- Research review 2010 (PDF, 3MB)
- Research review 2011 (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Research review 2012 (PDF, 1.5MB)
Research Operational Strategy
The University's research strategy emphasises the importance of applied research, pedagogic research which supports the teaching and learning process and discipline based research which helps to advance the curriculum. You will find the details in the Research Operating Strategy. The policy documents set out the practice that researchers are expected to adopt in the conduct of their research.
- Research operational strategy (PDF, 141KB)
Annual Report on Research
Research at the University of Derby has an important role to perform. It underpins the core student learning function of the University. This year has seen major progress for research in this role. The quality of the University's strongest research was confirmed through the results of Research Assessment Exercise in which at least 50% of the submitted research was assessed to be of international class.
- Annual report on research 2008-2009 (PDF, 171KB)
- Annual report on research 2009-2010 (PDF, 209KB)
- Annual report on research 2010-2011 (PDF, 124KB)
Misconduct in Research
- Misconduct in research (PDF, 86KB)