Bringing international insights to research and consultancy
In 2004 our Professor Tony Watts co-authored the seminal OECD Report which provides the launch point for much research and consultancy on international policy and practice relating to career support. In 2008 we became the International Centre for Guidance Studies to reflect the breath of research, consultancy and partnerships that we have developed across the world. Recent international work includes providing consultancy in Sri Lanka, Croatia, Canada, Australia, China and Malaysia. We also have experience in evaluating European projects and have produced a concept notes for thee European Lifelong Guidance Policy Network (ELGPN).
iCeGS research outputs include:
- Borbély-Pecze, T.B. and Hutchinson, J. (2013). The Youth Guarantee and Lifelong Guidance: ELGPN Concept Note No. 4. Jyväskylä: The European Lifelong Guidance Policy Network (ELGPN).
- Moore, N. (2013). Improving Lifelong Career Guidance and ICT Support Project Croatia: Manual of Operational Procedures (Quality Standards). Zagreb: Croatian Employment Service.
- Moore, N. (2013). Improving Lifelong Career Guidance and ICT Support Project Croatia: Quality Performance Indicators. Zagreb: Croatian Employment Service.
- Hooley, T., Marriott, J. and Sampson, J.P. (2011). Fostering College and Career Readiness: How Career Development Activities in Schools Impact on Graduation Rates and Students' Life Success. Derby: International Centre for Guidance Studies, University of Derby.
- Development of a European Masters Framework (DICBDPEC ERASMUS Multilateral Project).
- External evaluations of a range of European projects including C-Xtra EU; En Vogue, DysTEFL, REACH and GARDEN.
- Tristram Hooley’s Winston Churchill Fellowship.