In this section
BSc (Hons) Product Design Engineering
Why choose this course?
- As a relatively small programme the course tutors are able to provide focused support and tailor your learning to your individual needs.
- The course has been developed with guidance from the Institute of Engineering Designers, which means that the skills you will gain are highly regarded by employers thus making you more employable.
- Every year we select graduates to showcase their work at the New Designers exhibition in London, which is an excellent opportunity to network and make vital industry contacts.
- Some classes are co-taught with either BA (Hons) Product Design or BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering students. Through this approach you will be exposed to principles and concepts which broaden your experience. This is an ideal mix for a Product Designer wanting to pursue a career in design in the manufacturing sector.
- There are many opportunities to engage with relevant extracurricular activities to extend your design experience. These include activities such as involvement with Formula Student, commercial design projects and University funded research projects.
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: HESA 2016.
- Students graduating from either our BA (Hons) Product Design or BSc will be recognized as a Registered Product Designer (RProdDes) by the IED. Product Designers having achieved an RProdDes accredited first degree, now have a pathway to Chartership.