Product Design courses
Creative and innovative, our product design courses will encourage you to push the boundaries of art and science.
Whether you want to specialise in furniture design, create eco-friendly products or focus on manufacture, our great industry links mean you’ll be working on projects and assignments set by real employers, giving you plenty of real experience.
Highly practical and hands-on, you’ll spend most of your time in the studio and workshop, developing 2D and 3D design. Your work will be displayed at the University’s Degree Show in your final year. Work is then hand-picked to be displayed at the New Designers exhibition in London, an excellent opportunity to network and make vital contacts.
Sam landed his dream job as a Junior Designer working for global brand LEGO!
“Studying the course at the University of Derby helped me develop a very good understanding of the design process and CAD software. Plus I learned new skills in drawing, rendering and presentation which resulted in me landing my childhood dream job as Junior Designer with Lego after graduation.” Read the full interview here.
Learn how to design better, more attractive products for a sustainable future.
- Product Design at Derby has been developed to combine creativity with understanding of the reality of design for mass manufacture, because we teach in small groups we can help you to develop your potential in this area as an individual.
- We have a range of excellent facilities to support your study with dedicated studio space that is equipped with both traditional and cutting edge technologies that mirror and prepare you for the commercial environment.
What our Product Design graduates do
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- Product Designer
- Product Design Engineer
- 3D Designer
- Research and Development Engineer
- Packaging/Point of Sale Designer
- Manufacturing Technologist
- Product Visualiser
Our graduates have gone on to work for employers including:
- Home Retail Group PLC
- Smith of Derby
- Redring Xpelair Group
- Centreline Design
- Artform International.
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days:
Click here to close or press ESC