Private accommodation

Private accommodation banner

Need advice or help finding accommodation?

University approved accommodation

Together with the council and the landlord, we check all the properties registered with us every year, so you can be confident that it'll be safe and comfortable.

We'll also help you resolve problems with your landlord.

For advice you can:

 Approved private accommodation

Our University Approved 'stamp' shows that the property has been assessed by the University and council

  • a valid gas safety certificate (Gas Safe Register)
  • a valid electrical safety certificate
  • a fire blanket and a fire extinguisher in the kitchen
  • a mains smoke alarm system
  • a carbon monoxide detector in every room that contains a gas fire
  • approved locks, alarms and security fittings
  • furniture and furnishings compliant with fire safety regulations

    all the necessary furniture and fittings for your student life.

It covers everything you should check before you rent a property - the good news is we've done it for you so you can use our vacancy lists with confidence.

But it's important to remember that we don't control or manage any of the 'approved' properties, so you'll need to arrange your viewing and tenancy agreement with the landlord or managing agent.

© Copyright University of Derby 2014 | Accessibility | Privacy and cookies | Disclaimer | About us as a charity | Company information | Staff admin