Political Sciences Courses
Stand out from the crowd with a political science degree from Derby. Our practical, real world approach will equip you with the skills you’ll need to change our political world.
With a heavy emphasis on practice, we provide you with many opportunities to gain experience of grass roots, local, national and international relations through work-based learning and project-based work.
You will explore current affairs, global development and learn how to build good relations between people, communities and countries. Our courses are delivered by experienced practitioners and offer exclusive undergraduate study visits to the United Nations in Geneva. Offering fascinating perspectives on current and international events as they affect people around the world, you will become a better informed global citizen.
“Real life experiences that set you apart”
“International Relations teaches us how the politics of the world’s nations work. We were all given the chance to go to the United Nations in Geneva and not just talk to but change the views of some influential people. This course does not cradle you - it gives you real life experiences that set you apart from everyone else.
“I would really recommend the University of Derby. It’s a place of great heritage with a friendly and diverse local community.”
International Relations and Diplomacy students at the United Nations, Geneva
This is Political Sciences
- Prepare for success in rewarding careers working with international organisations, diplomatic communities, governments, the civil service, national and transnational institutions
- Explore the political, social and economic issues facing countries around the world and develop a deep knowledge of international affairs
- Experience work-based learning through internships and study visits to the United Nations Office in Geneva, the British Foreign Office and other international institutions
- Study at our brand new £20 million building, One Friar Gate Square, in Derby city centre
- Gain skills in arbitration, conflict resolution and diplomatic practice and get involved in promoting good relations between people, communities and countries worldwide.
What our Political Sciences graduates do
Our political science degrees prepare you for success and give you the best start in your career.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- government embassies
- international development
- public and voluntary bodies or
- transnational corporations
- international institutions and agencies
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: