BSc (Hons) Adventure Sport and Coaching Science with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
If you have the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter directly on to the honours degree programme, you can choose to start at foundation year stage
This course provides you with:
- The unique opportunity to develop practical skills and theoretical knowledge of coaching and human performance in adventure sport
- Real world learning experiences at our Oaklands Manor Outdoor Leadership Centre, based on the edge of the Peak District National Park
- Opportunities to go on exciting fieldtrips, including rock climbing in Snowdonia National Park, kayaking in Scotland, and caving in the Yorkshire Dales
- Personal equipment to use during your study, including a rucksack, fleece, t-shirts, dry bag, first aid kit and maps of the area
- Placement opportunities within professional development to prepare you for the workplace
- Opportunities to gain coaching awards and first aid relevant to the discipline area.