BSc (Hons) Adventure Sport and Coaching Science with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
If you have the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter directly on to the honours degree programme, you can choose to start at foundation year stage
Love to be active and out in the elements? Looking for a career to match? This degree offers a unique opportunity to hit the heights with a successful future in adventure sport.
- Develop your practical skills and theoretical knowledge of coaching science and human performance in adventure sport
- Enjoy real world learning at our specialist Outdoor Leadership Centre on the edge of the Peak District National Park
- Make the most of National Governing Body training opportunities to gain professional industry related experience and REC first aid to boost your CV
- Workshop sessions delivered at specialist facilities at the Kedleston Road Campus, including our sports centre and state-of-the-art equipment such as our High Performance Resistance Training Facility, VICON 3D motion capture system and breath by breath analysis system
- Opportunities to apply theory to practice through a variety of fieldtrips: our students have been rock climbing in Snowdonia and Gower Peninsula, kayaking in Scotland and caving in the Yorkshire Dales
- Be inspired by our enthusiastic and expert staff who boast a wealth of professional experience in outdoor and adventure sport