What made you decide to do this course?
As an Occupational Health professional, health ergonomics was part of my work remit. Although I have several years of topic related work experience, I did not have the formal Health Ergonomics qualification. This course gave me the opportunity to continue with my full time job and study with a staged approached to PGC, Diploma and MSc, which was supported and funded by my employer.
How would you describe your online student experience?
In previous years I completed an Open University Degree – so was used to distance learning. The support with Derby with online resources, library and ‘Blackboard/forum’ interaction and support was excellent.
What did you find particularly beneficial?
Resource materials, library and e-library access, tutor support and student interaction.
What would you say to anyone considering an online degree at Derby?
In my opinion, University of Derby is a high quality institution. The mode of study is flexible to enable studying from a distance while working and being available for other family commitments. The learning materials are right up to date. In advance of the course, students should be aware of the commitments to hours of study and research; and deadlines for assignment submission. I would advise anybody to take up the challenge and enjoy the experience.
How has your degree helped your career?
The degree has formalised my position in the company as a qualified Ergonomist and increased my credibility as a topic expert.
Find out more about MSc Ergonomics and the various pathways you can take. It's accredited by the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (IEHF).
Applications for Online courses are made through the main University of Derby website.
By clicking on "Apply now" below you will be redirected to the University of Derby website to continue your application process.
- Open Days
University of Derby Online
- Alison Harper
- Alison Kozary
- Andrew Muluubya
- Anne-Marie Coulthard
- Candice Sunney
- Caroline Parry-Haddon
- Christine Morrison
- Claudia Gregorczyk
- Conrad Aquilina, Malta
- Dario Salvi
- Darren MacDonald
- David Egan
- Deborah Owen
- Dorianne Gravina
- Fonda Boyce
- Gela Abesadze
- Geraldine Grindley
- Irene McPherson
- Jackie Gibson
- Jody Maynard
- John Rogers
- Joy Rickard
- Karen Marie Jones
- Kerry Maddock
- Kerry Wiggins
- Khalida Kay
- Kirstin Tranter
- Mary Bellew
- Nadine Axisa
- Pascal Hagge
- Paul Ainscough
- Roy Cochran
- Sally Holder
- Sandra Potts
- Sue Delve
- Teresa Jones
- Winifred Corpe
- Accounting and Finance BA (Hons) top up degree
- Business Studies degree BA (Hons)
- Clinical Supervision PG Cert
- Cognitive Behavioural Studies and Skills (not a license for practice), Advanced University Diploma
- Counselling Studies and Skills (Not a License to Practice) University Diploma
- Education Guidance Studies MA
- Education MA
- Environmental Health MSc
- Environmental Management MSc
- Ergonomics MSc
- Events Management FdA
- Hairdressing and Salon Management BA (Hons) Top Up
- Hairdressing and Salon Management FdA
- Health Psychology MSc
- Hospitality Management BA (Hons) Top Up
- Hotel Management FdA
- Information Technology BSc (Hons) Top Up
- Information Technology MSc
- International Hospitality Management MA
- International Spa Management BSc (Hons)
- Law - LLM Commercial Law
- LLM Transnational Oil, Gas and Energy Law
- Nursing Studies (Mental Health) BSc (Hons) Top up
- Nursing Studies BSc (Hons) Top Up
- Psychology BSc (Hons)
- Psychology MSc
- Psychology, University Certificate
- Spa Management FdA
- Strategic Management MSc