Karen Marie Jones
How did you find out about the course?
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) approve the course as part of their professional qualifications to be an environmental health practitioner.
Why did you choose to study online?
I have a family and it would be difficult to attend University. Time management and the flexibility to study at my own speed in my own time have been beneficial.
What have you enjoyed about the course?
I have developed myself as a person, my confidence has grown immensely as I have achieved so much on my own. The lecturers have been very helpful and supportive.
What would you say to anyone thinking of doing this course?
Having the support of your family in freeing up your time to study will be beneficial and help to keep you motivated.
The course is very well structured and the modules are most informative and contain all the information that is required to be able to complete the course. It is very rewarding, the best thing that I ever did! Completing each module and gaining a pass was very emotional at times and attending the graduation will be a memorable day for my husband and me.
What are you doing now?
I am helping several students with the professional examinations to help them comply with the CIEH requirements.
Find out more about MSc Environmental Management online.
Applications for Online courses are made through the main University of Derby website.
By clicking on "Apply now" below you will be redirected to the University of Derby website to continue your application process.
- Open Days
University of Derby Online
- Alison Harper
- Alison Kozary
- Andrew Muluubya
- Anne-Marie Coulthard
- Candice Sunney
- Caroline Parry-Haddon
- Christine Morrison
- Claudia Gregorczyk
- Conrad Aquilina, Malta
- Dario Salvi
- Darren MacDonald
- David Egan
- Deborah Owen
- Dorianne Gravina
- Fonda Boyce
- Gela Abesadze
- Geraldine Grindley
- Irene McPherson
- Jackie Gibson
- Jody Maynard
- John Rogers
- Joy Rickard
- Karen Marie Jones
- Kerry Maddock
- Kerry Wiggins
- Khalida Kay
- Kirstin Tranter
- Mary Bellew
- Nadine Axisa
- Pascal Hagge
- Paul Ainscough
- Roy Cochran
- Sally Holder
- Sandra Potts
- Sue Delve
- Teresa Jones
- Winifred Corpe
- Accounting and Finance BA (Hons) top up degree
- Business Studies degree BA (Hons)
- Clinical Supervision PG Cert
- Cognitive Behavioural Studies and Skills (not a license for practice), Advanced University Diploma
- Counselling Studies and Skills (Not a License to Practice) University Diploma
- Education Guidance Studies MA
- Education MA
- Environmental Health MSc
- Environmental Management MSc
- Ergonomics MSc
- Events Management FdA
- Hairdressing and Salon Management BA (Hons) Top Up
- Hairdressing and Salon Management FdA
- Health Psychology MSc
- Hospitality Management BA (Hons) Top Up
- Hotel Management FdA
- Information Technology BSc (Hons) Top Up
- Information Technology MSc
- International Hospitality Management MA
- International Spa Management BSc (Hons)
- Law - LLM Commercial Law
- LLM Transnational Oil, Gas and Energy Law
- Nursing Studies (Mental Health) BSc (Hons) Top up
- Nursing Studies BSc (Hons) Top Up
- Psychology BSc (Hons)
- Psychology MSc
- Psychology, University Certificate
- Spa Management FdA
- Strategic Management MSc