What made you decide to do this course?
Many moons ago when I started the course I was living between Dubai and the UK so chose the course at Derby as it was perfect for what I was looking for. A year into the course I moved back to the UK permanently and the flexibility of the course was great.
How would you describe your online student experience?
It has been fantastic. The ability to pick up a computer any time of day or night and study has been invaluable. I have made friends with people all over the world, and the residential week was great.
What did you find particularly beneficial?
The ability to take modules at my own pace. I could do as many or as few as I needed to and with a country relocation, a divorce and two children in the time I was studying, it really helped to be able to do this. It would have been difficult for me to complete the course without this flexibility.
What would you say to anyone considering an online degree at Derby?
If you are looking for study that can fit around your work and/or family, then it is a great choice from a reputable institution.
How has your degree helped your career?
I’m not sure what I want to do next, but I have two small children occupying all my time at the moment. I may be looking at an MSc online with Derby in the future.
Find out more about BSc (Hons) Psychology.
Applications for Online courses are made through the main University of Derby website.
By clicking on "Apply now" below you will be redirected to the University of Derby website to continue your application process.
- Open Days
University of Derby Online
- Alison Harper
- Alison Kozary
- Andrew Muluubya
- Anne-Marie Coulthard
- Candice Sunney
- Caroline Parry-Haddon
- Christine Morrison
- Claudia Gregorczyk
- Conrad Aquilina, Malta
- Dario Salvi
- Darren MacDonald
- David Egan
- Deborah Owen
- Dorianne Gravina
- Fonda Boyce
- Gela Abesadze
- Geraldine Grindley
- Irene McPherson
- Jackie Gibson
- Jody Maynard
- John Rogers
- Joy Rickard
- Karen Marie Jones
- Kerry Maddock
- Kerry Wiggins
- Khalida Kay
- Kirstin Tranter
- Mary Bellew
- Nadine Axisa
- Pascal Hagge
- Paul Ainscough
- Roy Cochran
- Sally Holder
- Sandra Potts
- Sue Delve
- Teresa Jones
- Winifred Corpe
- Accounting and Finance BA (Hons) top up degree
- Business Studies degree BA (Hons)
- Clinical Supervision PG Cert
- Cognitive Behavioural Studies and Skills (not a license for practice), Advanced University Diploma
- Counselling Studies and Skills (Not a License to Practice) University Diploma
- Education Guidance Studies MA
- Education MA
- Environmental Health MSc
- Environmental Management MSc
- Ergonomics MSc
- Events Management FdA
- Hairdressing and Salon Management BA (Hons) Top Up
- Hairdressing and Salon Management FdA
- Health Psychology MSc
- Hospitality Management BA (Hons) Top Up
- Hotel Management FdA
- Information Technology BSc (Hons) Top Up
- Information Technology MSc
- International Hospitality Management MA
- International Spa Management BSc (Hons)
- Law - LLM Commercial Law
- LLM Transnational Oil, Gas and Energy Law
- Nursing Studies (Mental Health) BSc (Hons) Top up
- Nursing Studies BSc (Hons) Top Up
- Psychology BSc (Hons)
- Psychology MSc
- Psychology, University Certificate
- Spa Management FdA
- Strategic Management MSc