Clinical Supervision Postgraduate Certificate
Course code: PA3AA Level: 7
This is the only online postgraduate qualification of its kind in the country – specially developed for people like you who are providing, or aiming to provide, clinical supervision to counsellors, psychotherapists or other mental health professionals. Completely online, it enables you to hone your skills in this very specific area, without having to disrupt your busy professional life.
Studying online gives you the flexibility to study at the most convenient time and place for you. Course modules still operate within a fixed trimester but you can choose to study during the day, in the evenings or at the weekend rather than having to attend fixed lectures. You’ve got the control to be able to study when it suits you.
Focusing on you as a clinical supervisor
This course caters for everyone who wants to develop themselves as a clinical supervisor – counsellors, therapists or psychotherapists. During the course, you will:
- develop the practice skills you'll need to form, maintain and end supervisory relationships
- analyse a range of supervisory models and educational theory
- develop an advanced understanding of supervisory structures and processes
- develop a critical understanding of the approaches you can use to evaluate supervision
- develop your ability to recognise and work with organisational, ethical, professional and legal influences
- reflect on and develop your supervision skills.
Online study – ideal for this reflective course
As well as all the usual benefits that you get when you study online, such as the convenience of being able to work from anywhere, the Clinical Supervision course is particularly well suited to online distance learning because it requires a great deal of reflection. So if you think of an idea, you can still discuss and post your thoughts straight away – whereas in face to face situations, the moment can be lost.