In this section
BEng (Hons) Motorsport and Motorcycle Manufacturing Engineering
Why choose this course?
- This course is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as an Incorporated Engineer (IEng), so you can be sure that you'll be learning the latest knowledge and skills in engineering.
- You will develop your skills in Motorsport and Manufacturing technology, design, project management and health and safety.
- You'll study at Markeaton Street - an inspirational learning environment equipped with laboratories, workshops and the latest technology.
- You’ll get to take part in exciting projects like Formula Student - the world’s biggest student motorsport competition. Team Derby Motorsport entered the competition for the first time in 2015, and came 9th out of 38 teams taking part in Class 2 during 2016.
- The Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) awarded the University of Derby Formula Student Team with a grant for £3,000 after they won the Formula Student Rookie Team Award in 2015.
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: HESA 2016.
- Our Motorsport team have just launched their new website. Check it out here: www.teamderbymotorsport.co.uk.