BA (Hons) Media and Communication
Why choose this course?
If you have set your sights on a career in the dynamic world of media and communications, this exciting, stimulating and innovative degree is the ideal preparation for professional success.
- Develop a strong understanding of the media industries and trends in media culture and communication - exploring media texts and platforms, institutions and new emerging media
- Benefit from our strong links with employers, such as independent film producers, radio stations and newspapers which can help you gain vital work experience
- Enjoy real-world learning opportunities throughout the course with hands-on projects in publishing, journalism and writing for the web, print media or the screen
- Learn from a highly experienced team of subject experts and industry professionals who are keen to share their knowledge with you
- Challenge your thinking with new ideas and perspectives
- Choose to study part of your degree in the United States, where you can immerse yourself in American life, experience a different academic culture and acquire a new set of skills
- Build a combination of practical and transferable skills, creative thinking and academic knowledge so that you stand out from the crowd in a fiercely competitive job market.