In this section
BA (Hons) Media and Communication with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
If you have set your sights on a career in the dynamic world of media and communications, this exciting, stimulating and innovative degree is the ideal preparation for professional success.
- If you have the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter directly on to the Honours degree programme, you can choose to start at Foundation Year stage.
- Develop a strong understanding of the media industries and trends in media culture and communication – exploring media texts and platforms, institutions and new emerging mediaBenefit from our strong links with employers, such as independent film producers, radio stations and newspapers which can help you gain vital work experience
- Enjoy real-world learning opportunities throughout the course with hands-on projects in publishing, journalism and writing for the web, print media or the screen
- Learn from a highly experienced team of subject experts and industry professionals who are keen to share their knowledge with you
- Challenge your thinking with new ideas and perspectives
- Choose to study part of your degree in the United States, where you can immerse yourself in American life, experience a different academic culture and acquire a new set of skills
- Build a combination of practical and transferable skills, creative thinking and academic knowledge so that you stand out from the crowd in a fiercely competitive job market.