In this section
BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
Why choose this course?
- This course is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and the Engineering Council, ensuring that you're getting the latest industry knowledge and when you graduate your qualifications will be recognised in the industry. This puts you ahead of the competition in the competitive graduate job market.
- It will prepare you to become an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) within the engineering industry, so you'll be ready for careers in mechanical engineering design, motorsport or automotive design and in applications of advanced materials.
- You can work on exciting extra-curricular projects such as the Shell Eco-marathon. The Mechanical Engineering Shell Eco Team were recently awarded with a sponsorship for £9,000 to build the prototype ethanol vehicle for the 2016 competition.
- You can gain valuable experience on an optional work placement. Alternatively, you can study our four year BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering with Industrial Year course.
- You'll learn from academic staff with extensive industrial experience.