In this section
BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering with Industrial Year
Why choose this course?
- Become one of the elite of the engineering profession – a Chartered Engineer (CEng). This degree is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of partially meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
- You can work on exciting extra-curricular projects such as the Shell Eco-marathon. The Mechanical Engineering Shell Eco Team were recently awarded with a sponsorhip for £9,000 to build the prototype ethanol vehicle for the 2016 competition.
- You will gain valuable work experience on the industrial year between stages two and three. Alternatively you can study our three year BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering course.
- You'll learn from academic staff with extensive industrial experience.
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: HESA 2016.