Media and Communication
Our Media and Communication courses introduce you to the theoretical and critical study of the moving image. You'll develop an in-depth understanding of media and communication using a variety of disciplines including cultural studies, history, politics and psychology, whilst learning about the practical skills required for a career in this field.
They are taught by active researchers and practitioners who will inspire and challenge you, and will help you to get the most out of your studies.
Our Media and Communication graduates have gone on to have exciting careers in TV researching, film and TV production, public relations, marketing, film archiving, radio presenting and production, and newspapers.
Find out more about Nikki Aaron - a Media Studies graduate is now working as a presenter on the biggest news network in China.
- BA (Hons) Media and Communication with Foundation Year
- Film and Television Studies Joint Honours
- BA (Hons) Media and Communication
- Media Studies (Joint Honours)
- Popular Music in Society (Joint Honours)*
- BA (Hons) Writing and Publishing*
- Publishing (Joint Honours)*
- MA Publishing
*This is a new course starting in September 2017 (subject to approval).
Browse the Law, Humanities and Social Sciences brochure