Welcome to the CRIME Centre (Criminological Research Impact Measurement and Evaluations) at the University of Derby. The aim is to advance the individual and collective research interests of Centre staff and continuously produce scholarly activity through research and enterprise collaborations in the fields of criminology and criminal justice.
To attract high quality scholars (academic and research staff) by providing an active and highly collaborative environment known for its international, high quality, original and interdisciplinary research that is transferable, transnational, useful and usable;
- To foster and enable leading synergies, work collaboratively with enterprises and other national and international research networks, engage in inter- and cross-disciplinary high quality scholarly activity, knowledge and income generation;
- To supervise and develop students, researchers and scholars undertaking higher and research degrees.
- To promote the dissemination high quality criminal justice and criminological research which can demonstrate societal impact
The Centre has four key areas of research expertises:
- Criminal Investigation
- Offender Management and Youth Justice
- Policing and Security
- Criminal Justice Evaluation
The work of the centre
For more information about the centre, please contact Dr. Philip Hodgson at P.email@example.com
Browse the Law, Humanities and Social Sciences brochure
An international perspective
We are committed to studying in the field. One group of students recently visited criminal justice agencies in Los Angeles and San Francisco, with highlights including visits to San Quentin State Prison and gang projects in LA, a day spent with San Francisco Police Department and the chance to meet students from California State University.