University for Law
(Guardian League Table 2017)
(National Student Survey 2015)
LLB Students in work/study
Within 6 months of finishing
Derby Law School is one of the leading centres for the study and teaching of law and justice in the UK. Our law courses inspire, stretch and challenge.
What we teach ensures you make an impact as soon as you graduate. Our LLB is the only law degree in the UK that trains people in all of the key lawyer skills, such as drafting, advocacy, interviewing and negotiation.
The way we teach is innovative and engaging. With placements and real casework, a formal judicial shadowing scheme and guest lectures from legal professionals including experienced judges and coroners you will develop the skills and attributes required for a successful career in the legal sector.
Great resources at your fingertips
“My main reason for choosing Derby was the emphasis that they placed on providing you with the necessary skills you need to succeed in the world of work – even work outside the legal profession. I found this offering unique.
“The course has certainly been challenging. However, there are great resources at your fingertips and great support from tutors. These things have helped make it thoroughly fulfilling and ultimately enjoyable.
“The course has helped me prepare for my future career in many ways. It has helped improve my communication, research and organisational skills in a way I could never have imagined before coming here.”
This is Law
- Build your practical experience in some of the country’s most advanced facilities for the study of law at One Friar Gate Square, the home of Derby Law School
- Learn from an experienced and enthusiastic teaching team with an international profile, many of whom have practised as solicitors or barristers themselves
- 98% of students were satisfied with their Derby Law degree in the 2015 National Student Survey
- We have established a reputation for producing highly effective law graduates who excel in all areas of the legal profession - employers rate our graduates.
What our Law graduates do
Our law degrees are cutting-edge relevant and designed to give you the best start in your career.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- Crown Prosecution Service
- law centres
- police service
- local and national government
- private practice.