Science Without Borders
Science without Borders is a Brazillian government scheme for second and third year students who want to come and study in the UK. The scheme runs for one year and involves nine months' study at a UK university and a three month work placement or extended project exercise.
Why choose Derby?
- Students at Derby use hi-tech, state-of-the-art facilities to follow highly-developed programmes in Science, Engineering, Computing, Arts and Creative Industries
- Derby students generate world-class portfolios of innovative and creative projects
- University of Derby has many links with major industries, such as Rolls-Royce, Toyota and Bombardier, all based in Derby
- Derby is located in the centre of the UK. It is a compact, lively city, only 90 minutes from London by train
- Derby has two campuses. One is in the centre of Derby. The second is at Buxton which is located on the edge of England's famous Peak District National Park
- Students at Derby can make full use of its facilities, including high-adrenaline Sports activities such as canoeing and rock-climbing.
What subjects do we offer?
The course you choose will have to be compatible with the course you're currently studying in Brazil. Courses are organised as follows:
- Biology, Biomedical and Health Science
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Creative Industries
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
The course you choose will have to be compatible with the course you're currently studying in Brazil.
If you're interested in September 2013 entry please visit the Science without Borders website now.
If your application for entry in September 2013 is successful you will need to arrive here at the University of Derby by Saturday 14 September 2013 in order to join our orientation programme.
If you're interested in January 2014 entry, please visit the Science without Borders website after September 2013.
Contact us by email for more information about the Science without Borders programme.