Once you're here

Our International Student Centre has been voted 'The best in the country' by other international students studying in the UK* 

 *The International Student Barometer 2012

Induction and enrolment

Welcome week, induction and enrolment Airport pick up. We run a free transport service for our international students at the start of term.

Floorplans of our sites

Find your way around all our sites and download floorplans for the Derby and Buxton campuses.

Registering with the police

If you are a Relevant Foreign National and you have been admitted to the UK with leave to remain for more than six months, you will need to register with the UK police.

Banking and finance

Before you come to the UK, you must:calculate how much money you think you will need, and know where your money will come from.

Health care

In the UK we have a National Health Service (NHS) that provides free medical treatment to permanent residents.

Working while you study

Casual work is generally easy to find, but you shouldn't rely on it to support yourself, especially if you're from outside the EEA.

Your mobile phone

It's easy to get a UK SIM card, or sign up to a UK mobile phone contract. When you get here, you will probably want to use a UK SIM card in your mobile phone.

Help with your career

If you need information and guidance about your career, our Career Development Centre will be able to help you.

Dates for your diary - 2012/13

These dates are just a guide, and vary depending on your course. Please make sure you check with your course leader before you book any flights to England.

Visa conditions

If you're entering the UK on a Tier 4 visa, you must understand the conditions attached to it.