Hospitality and Culinary Management Courses
Our unique hands-on approach and real world learning ensures our international reputation in the industry.
You'll study in our stunning Grade II* listed campus in Buxton which has state-of-the-art training kitchens, a fine dining restaurant and bistro, and is a major events venue hosting large weddings and commercial events. This all provides real work experience and prepares you for a successful career.
“Learning has never been more fun”
“I have achieved more than I ever thought was imaginable at Derby. The lecturers test your practical and mental abilities to the maximum, there is never a ‘dull’ lecturer and everyone is enlightening and inspiring … learning has never been more fun.
“For me, the difference came when I went on placement at The Berkeley in London. To say the experience was an eye-opener is an understatement.”
This is Hospitality and Culinary Management
- With some of the best university facilities in the UK at our campus in Buxton you’ll gain practical experience working on real-life projects and events
- Many of our degrees are accredited by the Institute of Hospitality and will prepare you to work at the highest level in the sector
- Our teaching team has a wealth of industry experience and includes award-winning chefs
- Our links with local, national and international employers - including Claridge’s, Skibo Castle, and the Marriott and Loews Hotels and Resorts - mean you’ll benefit from visits, work experience and placements in the UK and abroad
- Choose to study the way that suits you - over three years or with a year in industry.
What our Hospitality and Culinary Management graduates do
The unique real world learning we provide, combined with an expanding hospitality industry, means our graduates are highly employable and can look forward to a wide range of career opportunities worldwide.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- head of hospitality
- assistant manager
- head chef.