Feel empowered to make a difference
Study Applied Social Work, Child and Family Health and Wellbeing or Working with Young People and Communities at Derby
- Qualify as a social worker and gain the skills and knowledge you need for a rewarding career
- Put theory into practice through work placements
- Learn from our experienced and enthusiastic academic teaching team
- Study a course described as ‘imaginative’, ‘creative’, ‘inspiring’ and ‘ahead of the field’ by the National Youth Agency
- Gain real life experience through work placements, making you more employable
- This course will allow you to really have a positive impact on people’s lives
- Gain the skills to interact effectively with children and young people
- Understand the physical and mental developmental needs of children and young people
- Explore the reasons for certain behaviours and attitudes.
*This is a new course starting in September 2016 (subject to approval).