Social and Community Studies
Provide valued support with a positive impact
Our social and community studies courses will equip you with skills to reach out to people in need, enabling you to provide professional and personable support that is extremely valued. The courses that we offer in this area cover helping different demographics in a variety of settings:
- BA (Hons) Applied Social Work - this course will enable you to apply to register as a qualified social worker, to ultimately help people from many backgrounds to assess and tackle their problems. You will learn a dynamic range of skills and theories to work with your clients in a variety of settings.
- BA (Hons) Health and Social Care - this course involves working with both vulnerable adults and children in society. You will consider health and care services from a holistic standpoint, and gain the skills you need to become a skilled and confident worker in health, social or community settings.
- BA (Hons) Working with Young People and Communities (Youth Work or Community Development) - if you’d like to support young people and or/communities, upon graduation you’ll gain the JNC professional qualification to do so. With an emphasis on innovation and informal engagement, this course will allow you to really have a positive impact on people’s lives.
- BSc (Hons) Child and Family Health and Wellbeing - this new and exciting degree is for anyone interested in working with children and families in a range of different roles including family support worker, community health team or social work assistant.
- Child and Family Health and Wellbeing (Joint Honours) - this new joint honours course is for anyone interested in working with children and families in a range of different roles including family support worker, community health team or social work assistant.
- MA Social Work - this course will prepare you for a rewarding career in social work, and when you successfully complete the course you'll be a qualified social worker. This course will provide you with the skills and theories that will enable you to work as a skilled social worker in a range of settings.