Health and Social Care Courses
Ready to make a difference? Take the first steps to a rewarding career in health and social care.
Health and social care involves supporting people; working flexibly and creatively to accommodate the increasingly complex needs of individuals, families and communities. We’ve worked with key service providers in both health and in social care settings, statutory and voluntary, service users and other stake holders to create a course that ensures that you’ll gain the skills they’re looking for and will be fully prepared to be able to make a positive impact on the delivery of services, changes in policy and practice at an individual, family and societal level.
“This course has given me a wealth of knowledge, skills and experience”
“This course has given me a wealth of knowledge, skills and experience of the health and social care sector. I am now more confident in this area of work and feel my experience has given me the foundations to progress onto the MA Social Work.”
This is Health and Social Care
- This course is designed in partnership with service experts and prepares you to plan and deliver health and social care services fit for the future
- You’ll not only learn and understand policy and practice, but be able to apply it to real situations. This will make you stand out from the crowd when applying for your first graduate position and will allow you to become a central part of enabling and supporting vulnerable people to remain in the community
- Our enviable links with organisations mean you get hands-on experience at every stage of your studies - so you can put theory into practice through agency visits, guest lectures and assessed placements
- Learn from our expert teaching staff - with a wealth of experience in the sector they will guide and support you every step of the way
- You can study part-time, to fit the degree around your other commitments. Many of our students find studying this way allows them to gain the academic qualifications they need for more senior roles in the health and social care sector, while still earning
We’re proud to say that our courses are closely mapped against the health and social care sector. This ensures that our curriculum is up to date, providing you with the assurance that your learning is current and relevant. This does mean that we do have to respond to national changes such as government policy. As a result, some of the information about our courses may change.
What our Health and Social Care graduates do
This degree will prepare you for a career working in a wide range of statutory, voluntary and independent settings. It will also prepare you for future specialisation in areas such as social work, nursing, teaching and therapies.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- health promotion projects
- refugee and asylum services
- residential care units
- community mental health
- local authority or multi-agency teams
- commissioning and care management services.
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: