Want to leave halls?

You're contracted to stay in halls until the end of your agreement.

Students chatting in halls

Unfortunately financial difficulties and going on placement are not classed as valid reasons for leaving halls early.

But you may be released from your contract under these circumstances:

You're leaving your course.

You'll need to complete a withdrawal form (PDF 48kb) and have it signed by your tutor. You should then return it to the Student Support Centre..

When you return your key to your Hall Manager you'll also need to explain why you're leaving.

Another Derby student who's not currently living in halls, but wants to take over the rest of your contract.

It's important that they are eligible to move into your room. For example a male student can't move into a flat for females only.

You'll still be liable to pay your hall fees until your replacement signs an agreement with us.

If an illness, serious injury or other extenuating circumstances means you need to leave halls as you're in hospital or must stay at home.

If this happens you may get a partial hall fees credit to cover this period.

You'll need to give us written evidence showing why you need to leave. 

You can always contact us.

If you are unsure about the withdrawal process and the process of leaving halls dont forget you can talk to any of our staff. There is also a useful booket that outlines the process produced by the University's Student Support and Information Services.

© Copyright University of Derby 2014 | Accessibility | Privacy and cookies | Disclaimer | About us as a charity | Company information | Staff admin