Policy on placements and exchanges

Student in halls

When you are on placement you could save money if you find another student who could  live in your room

Many courses at the University include work placements and exchanges. 

As you have signed a contract which lasts the whole of the academic year, you are legally bound to pay for the whole year even if you are away on a placement or exchange.

To keep costs down many students who need to move out of halls to do their placement find a suitable replacement student to live in and pay for their room in their absence. 

If you would like to do this, Student Living is happy to provide you with assistance.

Going on placement? Please talk to us.

Derby students: You can contact us at the Student Housing Centre or pop into the Student Living Shop in the atrium at Kedleston Road.

Buxton students: Pop down to the office at High Peak Halls or contact your Residential Manager.


© Copyright University of Derby 2014 | Accessibility | Privacy and cookies | Disclaimer | About us as a charity | Company information | Staff admin