Geology (Joint Honours)
What is Joint Honours?
A Joint Honours degree gives you the opportunity to study two subjects as one degree. This type of degree will broaden your skill set and enhance your career prospects.
You can combine any two subjects as long as they’re in different zones, find out what you can combine this subject with.
Why choose this course?
- If you are interested in the story of how our planet works and has changed over time, the evolution of life on Earth, hazards such as earthquakes and volcanoes, and Earth's resources including energy, minerals and water, then this course is for you
- This course is accredited by The Geological Society. If you major in Geology, then this course satisfies the first stage of professional training to become a Chartered Geologist
- We're close to some of the most outstanding geology and landscapes in the UK, making Derby a prime location to study geology
- You'll be taught by an academic team who are enthusiastic about the subject and active in research, giving you the best student experience
- This course offers lots of hands-on training in the laboratory and through fieldwork to allow you to put the theory you learn into practice.