BSc (Hons) Geography with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Stimulate your curiosity about the Earth and the human societies that inhabit it. With first-class teaching, exciting fieldtrips and excellent facilities, our Geography course will help you map out an inspiring career.
- If you have the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter directly on to the honours degree programme, you can choose to start at foundation year stage
- Benefit from high academic standards on one of the few geography degrees in the country with accreditation from The Institution of Environmental Sciences
- Gain vital practical experience through field-based studies in the UK and overseas: past trips include Crete and Morocco
- We offer you the opportunity to spend a semester studying in the USA or Canada to gain new perspectives on geography
- Make the most of our location next to the Derwent Valley Mills UNESCO World Heritage Site and the outstanding landscapes of the Peak District National Park
- Learn from our expert, enthusiastic and supportive teaching team which includes active researchers
You can also take Geography as a Joint Honours subject.