BSc (Hons) Forensic Science
Why choose this course?
Become a highly skilled and confident forensic scientist, fully prepared to investigate crime scenes, analyse evidence and present findings in court.
- Forensic Science at Derby is ranked number one for student experience according to the Times and Sunday Times League Table, 2017
- 100% of our BSc (Hons) Forensic Science graduates were in work or further study within six months of completing this course (HESA, 2016)
- Study a programme which sets high professional standards: this course is accredited by The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences and endorsed by Skillsmark for its high quality
- Work alongside forensic scientists, fingerprint experts, police officers, lawyers and judges to gain real insights into all aspects of the profession
- Hone your skills in authentic environments including our high-specification forensic laboratories and courtrooms
- Gain hands-on experience of mock investigations with our Forensic Training Facility and crime scene cars
- You will have the opportunity to undertake a year-long placement in a forensic imaging unit, footwear unit or forensic analytical service laboratories with our partner East Midlands Scientific Operations Unit (EMSOU)
- Choose optional modules in chemistry and become eligible for Associate Membership of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Join a degree with a strong approval rating from students: in the 2016 National Student Survey 100% said that they were satisfied with the overall quality of this course