In this section
BSc (Hons) Forensic Science
Why choose this course?
100% of our BSc (Hons) Forensic Science graduates were in work or further study within six months of completing this course (HESA, 2016)
- Study a course that is fully accredited by The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences and endorsed by Skillsmark, reflecting the course's high quality
- Forensic Science at Derby is ranked number one for student experience according to the Times and Sunday Times League Table, 2017
- Graduates who choose optional modules in chemistry are eligible for Associate Membership of the Royal Society of Chemistry (AMRSC)
- 100% of students said that they were satisfied with the overall quality of this course, according to the 2016 National Student Survey (NSS)
- Work alongside professionals, such as forensic scientists, lawyers, judges, police officers, and fingerprint experts
- Study in authentic environments such as our forensic laboratories, family and crown courts and using our two Toyota crime scene cars
- Gain hands-on experience in state-of-the-art facilities, such as our new Crime Scene House
- You will have the opportunity to undertake a year-long placement in a forensic imaging unit, footwear unit or forensic analytical service laboratories with our partner East Midlands Scientific Operations Unit (EMSOU).