Fashion and Textiles courses
for Fashion and Textiles
(Guardian League Table 2017)
BA (Hons) Fashion (National Student Survey 2015)
Take your ideas from concept to catwalk on our highly acclaimed courses.
This is your opportunity to design original and inspiring collections which will give you the edge in the fast-paced global fashion industry.
Thanks to our influential industry partnerships, you’ll have excellent opportunities to gain experience through work placements and real world projects. This strong, practical, work focused teaching means that our graduates have a great track record in producing award-winning designs. Two years in a row, a Derby student has won the St Andrews Young Designer Awards - the perfect springboard to a successful career in fashion.
I was lucky enough to go the university route and land straight into work
“The freedom of the course at Derby allowed me to take my work experience in Sydney, Australia, where I worked in the surf and skate industry. That was a crucial step, which led me to become a graphic designer for apparel, and here I am today designing all aspects of embellishment, print and patterns.”
Matt is now a graphic designer for apparel. He’s also been part of the design team at Superdry for the last five years. Read Matt's full story here.
Join our creative community where students and staff from all disciplines collaborate on a wide range of fashion and textiles projects.
- We've got an excellent record for employment and great links with industry. Over 85% of our graduates over the past six years have found jobs in a broad range of careers, within a year of completing the course.
- Our excellent specialist textile design and production expertise and facilities mean that this course is distinctive in offering a rich combination of traditional and advanced new technology.
- You'll study in our brand new specialist facility for Fashion and Textiles - Chandos Pole street - which covers 1100m sq includes open plan studio spaces, industrial textiles (weave and knit), CAD facilities and tutorial and breakout spaces.
What our Fashion and Textiles graduates do
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- fashion design/forecasting
- knitwear design
- knitted, printed or woven textiles design
You could also go on to study our MA Fashion and Textiles postgraduate degree.