In this section
BSc (Hons) Sound, Light and Live Event Technology
Why choose this course?
- This course is recognised as one of the leading programmes for those wishing to start a technical career in the Live Events Industry. You’ll enjoy dedicated facilities with world class equipment and learn from tutors who work in the industry and are experts in their fields.
- You'll have excellent employment prospects – 100% of graduates are in employment or further study 6 months after finishing (Unistats). Since completing his degree, Tom Ralston is Project Manager for many international events (Justin Bieber, One Direction, Lionel Ritchie etc.) in the Middle East and won a major award in the Middle East's premiere event industry show in Dubai. Read more.
- You'll gain vital experience through collaborative projects. You'll work closely with other people who are studying music technology, music, electronics and theatre, and so you'll all benefit from a challenging, stimulating and creative learning environment.
- The recent world premiere of the new 007 film Spectre at the Royal Albert Hall, London, had no fewer than eight Sound, Light and Live Event Technology graduates working on the production. Tom Denny and Alex Huggins worked on lighting for the production company, Limited Edition. Impact Production Services provided the staging and structures and had graduates Ben Hawkes, Ian Brown, Ben Coxon and James Coghlan on their team. Anna Valley displays had George Easey and Ben Thurston providing video wall systems.
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: HESA 2016.