Professor Paul Gilbert OBE
Professor Paul Gilbert OBE is Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Derby and Head of the Mental Health Research Unit, Derbyshire Mental Health Services NHS Trust. He is a Fellow of the British Psychological Society and has written, taught and researched extensively in the areas of mood disorders and shame. He is a former President of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists.
He has published over 150 academic papers and 20 books and is a series editor for the Compassion Mind Approaches to various psychological difficulties. He set up the charity The Compassion Mind foundation in 2006 (www.compassionatemind.co.uk) and was award an OBE in March 2011.
Some useful resources:
- Gilbert, P and Choden (2013). Mindful Compassion London: Constable and Robinson
- Gilbert, P. (ed.). (2005). Compassion: Conceptualisation, Research and Use in Psychotherapy. London: Routledge.
- Gilbert, P. (2009). The Compassionate Mind. A New Approach to the Challenges of Life:. London: Constable & Robinson.
- Gilbert, P. (2009). An introduction to compassion focused therapy. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment, 15, 199-208.
- Gilbert, P. (2010). Compassion Focused Therapy. Distinctive Features. London: Routledge.
- Gilbert, P. (ed.). (2010). Compassion Focused Therapy: Special Issue. International Journal of Cognitive Therapy. 3, 97-201
- Tirch, D. (2012). The Compassionate Mind Guide to Overcoming Anxiety: Using CFT to Overcome Panic, Worry and Fear. Oakland: New Harbinger.