English Language (Joint Honours)
What is Joint Honours?
A Joint Honours degree gives you the opportunity to study two subjects as one degree. This type of degree will broaden your skill set and enhance your career prospects.
You can combine any two subjects as long as they’re in different zones, find out what you can combine this subject with.
Why choose this course?
- Learn to identify and describe all levels of language from the smallest sound segments to longer stretches of written and spoken language
- Study stylistic, historical, regional, social and global varieties of English, their contexts and cultural significance
- Consider the relationship between language, identity, ideology, psychology, literacy and culture
- Carry out practical research projects, collecting and analysing your own data
- You will have the opportunity to incorporate work-based learning into your course of study, which means you can work on employer projects, applying your learning to real world activities and enhancing your employability.