An Apprenticeship is a job, in a skilled occupation, that requires substantial and sustained training, leading to the achievement of an Apprenticeship standard and the development of transferable skills to progress careers
Higher Apprenticeships transform the way in which businesses acquire and develop the higher level skills they need their workforce to have in a dynamic and constantly evolving national and global market. They include a blend of technical knowledge, on the job experience and business skills that empower and motivate employers to maximise their potential and providing real business impact.
Recent government announcements have confirmed that funding may be available, subject to eligibility, for higher education that sits within an approved higher apprenticeship programme. There has never been a better time to get involved.
The University of Derby is committed to Apprenticeships at all levels from intermediate and advanced delivered through Buxton and Leek College to degree level through Higher Apprenticeships.
Higher Apprenticeships available September 2015:
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering – Level 4:
- Pathway 1 – Aerospace, includes FdSc Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Pathway 2 – Nuclear Related Technology, includes FdSc Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering or FdEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Pathway 4 – Mechanical, includes FdSc Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering or HNC Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Pathway 5 – Electrical/Electronics, includes FdEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Pathway 6 – Automotive, includes FdSc Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering or FdEng Production Engineering
- Pathway 8 – Wind Generation, includes FdEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Pathway 12 – Rail Engineering, includes FdSc Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering or FdEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Find out more
The University is keen to work with employers across all sectors to develop Higher Apprenticeships; if you have potential jobs which could form the basis of a higher apprenticeship or want further information on what is available then please contact Jane Lowe on 01332 593673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Higher apprenticeships, go to gov.uk
For more information for employers, go to our Business Services page