- Motorsport Engineering FdEng
- Motorsport Engineering BEng
- Motorsport and Motorcycle Manufacturing Engineering BEng
- Engineering and Technology Year Zero
- MSc Innovative Engineering Solutions
- MSc Motorsport Engineering
- MSc Professional Engineering
- MPhil or PhD Mechanical Engineering and the Built Environment
Our motorsport courses are accredited by the Institute of Mechanical Engineers. We’ve got a fully equipped motorsport workshop complete with a variety of race vehicles, so you gain real experience from staff who have wide range of motorsport industrial experience.
Our Motorsport Engineering courses are based at Markeaton Street, just a short walk away from the city centre and the University’s main site at Kedleston Road. The site houses specialist equipment for technology, engineering, arts and design courses, and has some interesting design and construction features that control heat, maximize natural daylight and harness the heat from the sun. Take the virtual tour here.
The Big Show
The Big Show is the University end of year Undergraduate Degree Show for students involving a series of live events and exhibitions across the city of Derby. Our Motorsport Engineering students showcase their work at our Markeaton Street site. The Degree show offers visitors a unique opportunity to experience the very best of emerging contemporary art and design practice from our final year students. Their work explores the issues and subjects of today's world also looks ahead predicting and setting the trends of tomorrow.
To see our full list of courses please use the following links:
Alumni Case Studies
- Kevin Nix, Motorsport Technology & BSc Applied Technology, 2005
- Alec McMurdo, BEng (Hons) Motorsport Engineering, 2015 - Now a Design Engineer at Lotus Cars!
- Team Derby Motorsport awarded cash boost for car
College of Engineering and Technology
T: 01332 593302