- Computational Physics BSc
- Computer Forensic Investigation with Industrial Placement BSc
- Computer Network Engineering with Industrial Placement BEng
- Computer Networks and Security with Industrial Placement BSc
- Computer Science with Industrial Placement BSc
- Cyber Security with Industrial Placement BSc
- Data Science with Industrial Placement BSc
- Engineering and Technology Year Zero
- MSc Advanced Computer Networks
- MSc Big Data Analytics
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Digital Forensics and Computer Security
- MSc Mobile App Development
- MPhil or PhD Electronics, Computing or Mathematics
Perfect your computing skills in one of the most hi-tech cities in the UK.
The world of computer science is fast-changing. Whether it’s keeping pace with the needs of manufacturers and consumers, or developing security systems to keep us safe in an increasingly digital and mobile world, there’s a whole host of opportunities for study and an exciting range of careers open to you with a degree in computer science. Derby has four times the national average of workers in hi-tech roles, and we have great links with local and global employers so you’ll be able to put theory into practice throughout your studies.
- We’re a Microsoft IT, CISCO and SAS Academy, which means we can offer you discounts on professional vendor-certified exams as well as access to online resources and professional tools
- You’ll study in dedicated computing laboratories equipped with the latest software and hardware, so that your learning environment is as close to a real workplace as possible
- You’ll study and work alongside academic experts in the field
- You’ll carry out realistic projects to solve cutting-edge challenges for our industrial partners
- Work placements can lead to an extra qualification – the Diploma in Professional Practice
Real world learning
We are constantly look for new ways to make our teaching relevant to your future career, so keeping in touch with industry is important. Organisations regularly set our students realistic projects so that we can simulate as closely as possible what it’s like to work in a particular field. We have invested in the latest software and hardware to make sure your learning environment is as close to a real workplace as possible. Even the layout of the computing rooms is modelled on industry. As we are Microsoft IT, IBM and SAS Academy members, we can offer you official exams at a discounted rate, as well as access to online resources and professional tools provided by Microsoft and SAS.
Richard Self and Dr Kathy Maitland of Birmingham City University have launched a new website as part of their activities as co-chairs of the annual series of Big Data and Analytics Educational Conferences, sponsored by IBM.
Dennis Parkes, Lecturer in Computing at the University of Derby discusses the future of responsive web design - The Future of the Web is Responsive.
The Big Show
The Big Show is the University end of year Undergraduate Degree Show for students involving a series of live events and exhibitions across the city of Derby. Our Computer Science students showcase their work at our Kedleston Road and Markeaton Street site. The Degree show offers visitors a unique opportunity to experience the very best of emerging contemporary art and design practice from our final year students. Their work explores the issues and subjects of today's world also looks ahead predicting and setting the trends of tomorrow.
To see our full list of courses please use the following links:
Alumni Case Studies
College of Engineering and Technology
T: 01332 593302