Electrical and Electronic Engineering courses
rating for Teaching
BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering (National Student Survey 2016)
Where would we be without electronics and electrical engineering? From industrial technology, through mobile phones and laptops to the world of music and entertainment, this ever-changing discipline impacts on all our lives.
On our Electrical and Electronic Engineering courses you’ll learn the principles of electrical and electronic circuits and devices, you’ll study their many applications, and then put theory into practice with a variety of insightful experiments and innovative design projects. You’ll study in laboratories and workshops equipped with the latest technology.
Our Electrical and Electronic Engineering courses are accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology, so you’ll graduate with a professionally recognised qualification.
Studying at Derby enhanced my knowledge of engineering and improved my personal skills
“I chose Electrical and Electronic Engineering because of the variety of exciting career opportunities the degree could give me. Studying at the University of Derby enhanced my knowledge of engineering and improved my personal skills, both of which helped me to secure this post and carry out my role to a high standard.”
Get ready for a cutting-edge career with our professionally recognised electrical and electronic engineering courses.
- Our FdEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering course will train you in the technologies of electrical and electronic systems. We’ve developed this part time course for students who are already working in a relevant area. The exciting thing about the course is that your employer becomes a partner in your education and you continue to study in your workplace.
- The BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering degree is accredited by The Institution of Engineering and Technology, a stepping stone to Chartered Engineer status, so you can be sure you’ll be developing essential skills that the industry demands.
- Derby’s jobs market is well suited to your skills. The city has one of the most highly-skilled workforces in the UK, with 12% of its employees in hi-tech roles - that’s four times the national average. It also has the highest average salary outside of London.
What our Electrical and Electronic Engineering graduates do
You’ll have a range of electrical and electronic engineering employment opportunities open to you when you graduate.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- automotive electrical and electronic systems
- electrical power generation
- medical electronics
- music and entertainment technology
- rail industry.
You could also go on to study our MSc Control and Instrumentation postgraduate degree.
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: