BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
Inspire the growing minds of today's children
About BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
- We offer a Practitioner Options route which embeds a childcare qualification with Department for Education recognition
- There is a study abroad opportunity at stage two through the Erasmus Exchange
- You can study this course part-time or full-time, so that your learning can fit around your other commitments
- You will have lots of career opportunities in early years as it is a fast growing area of employment within the UK.
You will develop your understanding of early childhood from birth to eight years, exploring how children develop, learn and think. You will explore the importance of identifying and meeting children’s needs and consider the challenges and opportunities in children’s services, looking at childhood from a range of perspectives. We will encourage you to use your own experiences to enhance your knowledge and develop your understanding of early childhood.
To find out more about our BA (Hons) Child and Youth Studies course, please visit the course page.
Early Childhood Studies with Early Years Teacher Status
A course that focuses on developing your career
- You will become a leader of practice in the early years sector
- Achieve a specialist undergraduate degree alongside the professional status of Early Years Teacher (EYTS)
- Become equipped with the essential skills to deliver creative learning and innovative early years practices for the birth to five age range
- Harness your passion for early childhood learning and transform them into a rewarding career.
Please note this programme is subject to validation procedures in the Spring of 2015, in order to gain approval to run from September 2015.
To find out more about our BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies with Early Years Teacher Status course, please visit the course page.
Join us at an Open Day
Book your place at our next open day - this will give you the opportunity to attend subject talks, tour the University and speak to both the teaching team and current students of our BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies with Early Years Teacher Status course.