BA (Hons) Child and Youth Studies
Discover a course that champions creative teaching and development
Employable Graduates - We're ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities, and 12th for English institutions, with 96.9% of our graduates in work or further study within six months of completing a full-time degree.
About BA (Hons) Child and Youth Studies
Our BA (Hons) Child and Youth Studies course gives you the opportunity to work in a range of settings to gain solid experience and a dynamic approach, including early years, primary, secondary, tertiary education, and working with young people.
- You will develop the key skills and values for working with children and young people aged 0–19
- You can apply to complete Early Years Teacher Status following this course - this is essential if you want to lead and manage an early years setting
- You'll be taught by lecturers from a wide range of professional backgrounds including early years, primary teaching, secondary teaching, social work, nursery management and youth work, so you can be sure that you'll gain a wide range of knowledge and expertise
- You can tailor your placements to work with children and young people of different ages, or focus on a specific age range
- This is a practical and work-based course that has been designed with employers in the sector. You’ll spend two days per week on placement from the start of the course, working in a variety of settings such early years, primary, secondary, tertiary education, and working with young people.
To find out more about our BA (Hons) Child and Youth Studies course, please visit the course page.
Places still available for September 2015
Call our Clearing Hotline on 01332 592015 for further information.